This project focuses on the research of three biocomposite building materials that will pump-prime the development of bio-based building. These three building materials form a basis for building constructions and provide an inspiration for the building industry in terms of the state-of-the-art possibilities.
- Making use of natural fibres and biopolymers;
- Biocomposite building material as a replacement for sheets, profiles and sandwich panels.
- Cost reduction and sustainability of building components;
- Lower price and environmental impact;
- Solution for the increasing shortage of raw materials in the building trade;
- Better environmental properties than current building materials;
- Better price and performance than current building materials;
- Substantial reduction in the use of material and in material weight;
- Non-toxic and recyclable
Eska Graphic Board
Composite Technology Centre
Kuipers & Koers Bouw
This project is made possible by:
(for an overview of the projects on a map, also see http://www.projecten.bioeco-edr.eu/)
For more information contact Daan van Rooijen from Green PAC/Stenden PRE.